Warum O2
Warenkorb
Service
Gelöst

Internet not working / o2 Homebox 6641 PIN

Hello,

I'm a new customer, the phone technician came yesterday and connected the phone line, the DSL light is green on the device.

The internet doesn't work, however -- no IP address is assigned. I've received the email from o2 with login and password for the internet access, however the admin panel of the device doesn't seem to have input fields for those anywhere.
I've ran the setup wizard and it's asking for a PIN for telephony -- but it seems there's no PIN in the welcome email I received, and I haven't received anything else from o2.

I've tried to log into DSL customer area with the phone number that's in the email -- but that doesn't work, the error says the phone number is not correct.

My question is: what should I do to get the internet working?
Where can I get the PIN if I can't access the customer area?
(And do I really need it for internet access?)

Thanks.

icon

Lösung von eyevan 1 June 2017, 08:52

Zur Antwort springen

7 Antworten

No, no answers? :-(

Benutzerebene 7
Hi eyevan,

if needed for configuration, you should find the activation PIN in the welcome letter.

In case you can not see any input fields in the routers interface, please try to configure it with the "Microsoft Internet Explorer".

Regards,

Christian

Hello, Christian.

I'm using Linux, so your Microsoft Internet Exploder suggestion is somewhat problematic for me. I'll try on the virtual machine though.

I don't have the PIN in the welcome letter. I do have the login and password in the welcome letter for , but no PIN.

I'm using the second-hand o2 Homebox router, maybe that's why I haven't been sent the PIN?

I've tried to check in the Briefcenter (o2.de), but I can't log in there with the phone number I've been sent in the welcome email -- it says the phone number is invalid.

Where I'm supposed to get the PIN from though? And why can't I login into DSL customer area?

Thanks.

Hello,

I've tried Internet Explorer -- there's no difference, everything looks the same, no username/password fields.

Here's the first page of the setup wizard:

Here's the second one, I don't have the PIN, so I press "Skip" button:

Here's the page after pressing "Skip":

After that it redirects to the overview page. Internet's not working, no IP assigned:

Here's the internet tab. No input fields for username/password:

I have checked every single other tab, no success.

What should I do?

Thanks.

I've tried calling the support line -- I speak very little German, I've barely managed to navigate through the voice menu.

I was waiting in the DSL questions queue for 20 minutes and haven't reached a live person to talk to. I gave up after that.

Please help me solve the issue. If it's not solved tomorrow, I'm going to cancel the o2 contract and order a modem from Kabel Deutchland.

Here's my DSL connection number: DSL-Anschlusses CINAo2N00956434B

Here's the phone number that's in the welcome letter: 0911/ 47897864

Here's the Internet Username: DSL0000156484004@s93.bbi-o2.de

There's no PIN in the letter though.

Thanks.

OMG, I've managed to get through to the support this morning, through the bloody voice menu. And of course the support people don't speak English.

But I've got the PIN from the support nonetheless! And now the internet works! Case closed.

This is way harder than it should be.

Deine Antwort