1) what is the procedure to cancel the contract ?
2) I read it in community that I need to send cancellation letter to Telefonica Germany GmbH & Co., Hamburg. Is the cancellation letter has to be in any format or specific content ? Also, can I send it through fax(Fax: 01805 88 00 88) instead of post ?
3) I will de-registering my rental apartment next week only. So, do I need to send all the required documents together ?
4) Am I missing any other document to send for contract cancellation ?
5) Also, I see that I need to return the router to O2 hamburg office mentioned in above question no 2. Is it correct ?
6) what is the general timeline for cancellation of the o2 DSL contract once I submit these documents ?
7) how the O2 team will send confirmation that they have received my documents,router and cancelled my contract ?
😎 Can I close the account (direct debit of o2 monthly bill) after submitting the documents ?
Please advise as earlier as possible.
Lösung von o2_Lars
In order to cancel a contract, we need a written cancellation from you. In order to cancel your contract out of good will to an earlier date, we also require copies of the following documents:
- a deregistration certificate of your present place of residence in Germany
- a notification of your new, foreign domicile
alternatively a confirmation of your employer or landlord
We also need your approval for us to charge you the all-inclusive basic fee for 3 months, as your contract has a notice period of 3 months.The exact amount of the fee will be notified in a separate letter.
Please send the cancellation and the documents to
Telefónica Germany GmbH & Co. OHG
Postfach 60 09 40
As soon as we have received the documents, we will cancel your contract to the next possible date.
If you recieved a router from us for the time of the contract you can send it back to us free of charge using our logistics portal.