Contract cancellation


I have left Germany for over 4 months now, and I want to cancel my phone contract. Before I left Germany I sent the cancellation form with the abmeldung, which should be enough proof that I am leaving Germany.

But the Contract is still running, can you please tell me now how should I cancel my contract. I have all the necessary documents, abmeldung from the city, work contract in another country, and I am ready to pay the cancellation fee. JUST CANCEL IT PLEASE.

tell me where to send it, and which bank account to transfer the money. It is very frustrating by now since I am not Germany and I am un-able to contact O2. Thank you for any help you can provide.

5 Antworten

Benutzerebene 7

I moved your topic to the "English o2 Community".
Did you get a confirmation after sending your documents to Telefónica Germany?
Did you use the following document?

You should find all information here:

Kind regards,

Anmerkung: Mobilfunk

yes I sent the form by post while I was in Germany with the deregistration paper from the city since September, but I am still being billed and they are accumulating, I didn’t get any response from O2 on that reagard.

I have all the documents ready to proof that I am not in Germany, I am ready to pay the cancellation fee. I just want to cancel the contract and stop being billed for a service I am not using. It would be much appreciated if you can help in that regard. But I have no means to contact O2 since I am currently not in Germany.
Benutzerebene 6
Dear @xxxxxxxxxxx381,

on 21st September 2018 we sent you an email in response to your letter.

In it we asked you to sent in copies of the following documents:

- a notification of your new, foreign domicile
- alternatively to the registration certificate a confirmation of your new employer or landlord
- a short note by you with your approval for us to charge you the basic fee of three months in advance as soon as the contract has ended.

Since we haven't received those (copies of) documents yet, currently your contract will be terminated in October 2019.

But you can still end the contract in advance by doing the following:

  • Send in the copies of the documents mentioned above to the following address:
Telefónica Germany GmbH & Co. OHG
90345 Nürnberg

  • Pay the current bill completely by transferring the sum to:
UniCredit Bank - HypoVereinsbank
IBAN DE16 7002 0270 0005 7131 53
(Please include your customer number in the purpose/intended use field so that your payment can be attributed to your customer account!)

As soon as we have received the documents, we will cancel your mobile phone contract to an earlier date. Otherwise, it will be properly cancelled on October 24th, 2019.

Arising mobile phone expenses such as connections and the proportional basic charge will be charged up to this date. For this reason you will still receive invoices after the expiration of your contract. On the first page of your invoice you can find the connection period.

Best regards,
Hello Jan,

Thank you for your quick response,

I have transferred the money today for the last bill. It will take approximately 3 to 4 business days depending on how fast the bank process the transaction since I am in Jordan.

I have a question regarding the documents.

will the deregistration form from Germany suffice, since in my home country we don’t have such a document?

What kind of confirmation do you need from my employer, will my work contract that showes I work in another country suffice in that regard?

Thank you for any help you can provide, can you please answer my questions regarding the documents, sending a post to Germany from my home country costs as much as the basic fee to end the contract, so I would like to get the right document from the first time.

Thank you
Benutzerebene 6
Hi @xxxxxxxxxxx381,

the deregistration form is the one you already sent in along with your inital letter for ending the contract ("Meldebestätigung" by the Stadt Neutraubling), so we already have that, which is good.

If you don't have a document that is the counterpart to that in Jordan (along the lines of "We hereby confirm you are a citizen living here"), you can also send in either an employment contract (or a document by your employer stating that you actually work for his company) OR you could send in the rental agreement of your apartment/house etc.

And finally, we will need a short notice from you stating your approval for us to charge you the all-inclusive basic fee for 3 months. (Even if it probably will be the case that you transfer the money yourself, it's good to approve it, just in case. 🙂 )

So it's basically these two documents, as soon as we have received them and they have been approved, your contract should be terminated.

You can find all the information summarized in this document (you can disregard the registration certificate since we already have that one).

Hope this helps,
best regards,

Deine Antwort